As per Ms. Vig, a child’s mind is like a canvas through which he can paint his own future in infinite number of ways. Children when mentally, emotionally and physically fit are able to make life decisions in a better manner and through Explore Canvas, we aim to empower children like never before. Career guidance from parents or their role models is usually restricted as they might not be aware about the current trends, personal career inclinations, etc.
We at Explore Canvas provide a comprehensive solution to enable students to be proactive and responsible. To guide them on this career guidance journey, we have a set of solutions to cater to all of their guidance needs:
- Through this students become aware about their unique skill sets, caliber, interests and their relationship with the members of the society, be it with their parents, teachers, friends or peers,
- Enable them to identify and act against issues like bullying, domestic violence, sexual disasters or abuses, and
- Analyzing their personal needs and providing them with the best fit solution(s)
- Evaluating the student’s profile in terms of caliber and interests before recommending career choices
- Bringing in the dynamic element of giving students an opportunity to interact with actual industry professionals as per their chosen career paths
- Bringing in the elements of stress therapy before they take critical career decisions so as to help them gain perspective.
Explore Canvas wants to be the harbinger of change in the career guidance domain and it strives for excellence with each of its student participants across their career journeys.
About Ms. Leena VigMs. Leena Vig is an educator par excellence with over 26 years of experience as a teacher and as a counsellor. She has trained educators, students and parents over a range of issues spanning from adolescent issues, gender sensitization, career counselling, personality development and much more.
Some of the highlights of her rich educational experience are:
- Bachelors in Science and Masters in Library and Information Sciences
- MBA in Educational Administration
- Certified Global Career Counsellor by UCLA Extension
- Life coach Certification
She has served as a teacher and as a counsellor at Kendriya Vidyalaya for over all two decades. She has conducted the Adolescence education program at the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan as well. She has also served as a National Resource Person (Master Trainer) for NCERT.
She is driven by her passion to learn and guide students across all age groups so that they are enabled to make more responsible life decisions. She has been involved in numerous counselling workshops, a few of which were:
- Open Learning Space is for Teachers & Children
- Peer Educator Training
- Gender Sensitization
- Sensitization and Awareness workshops on Adolescent Problems
- POCSO Act 2012
- Communication Skills
- Personality Development
- Career Fairs and Career Counselling
Her vision to excel as an educator is visible from her dedication to serve as a catalyst for student transformation.